Friday, March 24, 2006

Crybabies


I have to admit, I haven't always been a faithful college hoops fan, but I'm entranced by this year's tournament, probably due to the fact that BC has such a good, fun-to-watch team. Last night's Sweet 16 action brought two of my least favorite players to tears, so it was a good night all around. Duke got beat by an impressive LSU team, and JJ Redick - who went 3-18 from the floor - came out of the game and immediately turned on the faucets. Waaaah. And then the guy JJ shared the cover of SI with just a few weeks back - the man with the most hideous moustache ever - was transformed into a writhing, crying, pathetic piece of flesh rolling around at midcourt after his way overrated team choked and blew a late lead to UCLA. What a drama queen. Not that I had much in the first place, but I lost major respect for Adam Morrison last night. What a pathetic display - and the best part is, he was crying and gesturing while there was still a decent chunk of time left on the clock. Downright lame, I tell ya. (Looking forward to the big BC-Villanova matchup tonight. One of my co-workers is an ardent BC supporter - comes into my office yesterday and tells me he's gotta leave today around 4:30 to pick up his uncle at the airport. Come on, man - you can't kid a kidder.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?