Friday, May 19, 2006

Sox vs. Phils Tonight



Sox are in Philly tonight for the first of three this weekend. Philadelphia conjures images of those 1980 powder blue uniforms, and of course, cheese steak. If you're into wagering like my pal Jam, take the over in all of these games. Both teams have good offenses and Citizen's Park is an absolute bandbox.

As for the series itself, forgive me for being pessimistic. We've got Clement going tonight and DiNardo going on Sunday, and neither has done anything to inspire confidence. Bummed that we miss out on seeing the Phils' young phenom, Cole Hamels. I do think the cozy dimensions of the park will help guys like Manny and Varitek break out a bit. Also, on a purely selfish note, I'm fired up because Ortiz becomes eligible at 1B in my roto league this weekend. (I need a life.)

Other intriguing matchups this weekend -- the Battle for NY, with the Yanks visiting the Mets at Shea, and the two most surprising teams in each league face off against each other, as the Reds visit Detroit.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?